Sunday, January 16, 2011

Introduction

Let me begin by saying this: I fear for the souls of mankind. The culture of this world has become so inebriated with the wine of immorality that the Truth has become blurred. The world says we can do whatever we want because no one will accost us. Everyone is supposed to be tolerant and politically correct (P.C.). But I am sick of it! It frustrates me that the true Christians of this world suffer and even die for their faith, yet as soon as we Christians criticize the sinful actions of others, we are scolded for our intolerance.

But why must we be tolerant?

My intolerance is not an act of hate but, rather, an act of love! Even though I may falter in my humanness, I can see the Truth because I am no longer drunk with carnality. The world, however, struggles to make out the Truth amidst the blurred shapes it perceives with its drunken eyes. Sometimes, all the world needs is a slap in the face to help them see the Truth. I am intolerant because I want everyone to see the Truth. Is that not an act of love?! Intolerance, then, is an act of love aimed at exposing the world to the Truth.

There is one more issue I must discuss: the lukewarm Christians.

These are the people for whom I fear the most. These are people who have been
saved and yet are still living in a carnal mindset. My brothers and sisters in
Christ, we must strive to live in the Spirit! Jesus says in Revelation 3:15-18, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see." The problem with lukewarm Christians is how they represent our faith to the world, to the lost. They are too tolerant because they are still in the world, and Christians are then perceived to be hypocrites. We must not be like the Christians who believe that all faiths, regardless of what deities they
worship and serve, are a pathway to salvation. They argue that all these faiths really are believing in the same god with different names. But this cannot be true! Our GOD, the One True GOD, says, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." GOD sets Himself apart from these other "gods." These "gods," therefore, cannot be one and the same. That is my problem with lukewarm Christians. They have become too tolerant.

I fear for the souls of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment